The responsibilities of the Local Contact include the following:
- Screening potential host families to include an in-home interview and three reference checks
- Secure written high school enrollment at the local public high school or a private high school prior to the arrival of the exchange student.
- Fill out and submit all required paperwork to the National Headquarters. Ensure all documents are accurate, legible, and complete.
- Perform a host family orientation prior to the exchange visitor's arrival in the community and a student orientation within two weeks of the student's arrival
- Monitor and supervise all facets of the placement for the duration of the exchange visitor's program. Contact the student and host family separately monthly. You must have an in-person contact bi-monthly.
- Complete and send to the National Headquarters all contact logs monthly.
- Abide by all regulations that govern exchange programs.
Student American International (SAI) will compensate to you under the terms as an independent contractor. No employment insurance, benefits or any other extras or expenses are available with this position.
- Once receipt of accurate, complete, and original host family paperwork which includes a signed and dated host family application form with photos, a signed and dated host family interview form, a signed and dated host family reference check form, and a signed and dated high school acceptance form, you will be compensated within 30 days of receipt of paperwork:
Please note original paperwork must be received by 5:00 pm eastern standard time by the deadline in order for placement to be considered for payment.
- Once receipt of completed paperwork for host family and student orientations, which have been executed within the required time frame you will be paid a total of $100 within 30 days of receipt of paperwork at SAI National Headquarters.
- A $150 payment per student per semester will be provided for supervision. Contact logs must be received no later than the 15th of the following month of contact for each month in order to receive full payment.
LOOKING FOR JOB OPPORTUNITIES?
SAI relies on local contacts across the United States for placement, supervision and direct contact with all of our students, host families and schools.